Forbes’ youngest billionaire of 2017 is just 21 years old.
A total of 2,208 billionaires make Forbes´ 32nd annual ranking of the world´s billionaires. Altogether they are worth $9.1 trillion, the highest total in the history of the ranking; up 18% from just one year ago.
As Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO, is the richest person in the world, and Bill Gates and Warren Buffet follow, the Andresen sisters, Alexandra and Katharina, are the youngest billionaires of the annual list.
The daughters of Norwegian industrialist Johan H. Andresen, owner of Ferd AS, transferred ownership stakes of 42.2% to each Katharina and Alexandra, turning her net worth into an estimated $1.5 billion dollars.
Although Alexandra finds herself at ranking #1688, sharing position with her sister, she is barely 21 – turning 22 on July 23 –, one year younger than Katharina, which makes her the youngest World Billionaire of 2017 according to Forbes.
Other key findings in the Forbes’ ranking
- Shares of Amazon rose 59% during 2017, boosting Jeff Bezos´ fortune to $39.2 billion and to position #1.
- Bernard Arnault is the richest European for the first time since 2012.
- Pony Ma, owner of Tencent´s We Chat, is Asia´s wealthiest person.
- Alibaba´s shares increased 76% in 2017.
- President Donald Trump´s fortune fell $400 million since March 2017 to a current $3.1 billion. He ranks 766 in the world, down from position 544 of last year.
Forbes´ list is a snapshot of wealth using stock prices and exchange rates from February 9, 2018.
It is important to note that positions may vary as some people will become richer or poorer within weeks –even days– of publication
Planning a trip? Visit the world’s most expensive cities of 2017.