Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman has been found guilty on all counts.
Mexican drug kingpin Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán has been found guilty on all 10 charges by the Brooklyn federal jury.
- Engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise
- International Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamine, Marijuana Manufacture, Distribution Conspiracy
- Cocaine Importation Conspiracy
- Cocaine Distribution Conspiracy
- International Distribution of Cocaine (4 charges)
- Use of Firearms
- Conspiracy to Launder Narcotics Proceeds
The jury’s decision, according to The New York Times, came more than a week after the panel started deliberations at the trial in Federal District Court in Brooklyn where prosecutors presented a mountain of evidence against the cartel leader, including testimony from 56 witnesses, 14 of whom once worked with Mr. Guzmán.
He faces life in prison at his sentencing after being convicted of all 10 counts.